Greetings ladies and gents! It’s been a pretty good week despite the fact the temperature has been in the teens the last two days with wind chills below zero! Aside from that I am almost finished with shopping for presents but struggling to find those last few perfect things — my family is SO HARD to buy for! Oh, not to mention, I’ve been working very hard to not buy things for myself! Anyway, here’s what’s got my attention this week.
• Sixteen ways to beat designer’s block.
• Facebook’s new privacy changes, and what you need to know.
• Pantone has declared PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise the color of 2010. I can get on board with that, it’s a versatile color.
• KC Free Press is Kansas City’s newest online spot for local news.
• Also local to KC, Sonic Spectrum’s Best of 2009 music run down. I totally agree with Bat for Lashes.
• This always makes me happy. Scene from Party Girl, starring Parker Posey. I want my awesome moment on the dance floor!
• Sonja Rykiel lingerie at H&M. That vintage looking peachy color is gorgeous. And I have to say, as a budget-minded lady, H&M’s lingerie is not all that bad. Wish I was traveling sooner so I’d have a chance to see this collection in person!
• Scheduling a photo shoot with Vixen Pinup Photography. Yay!
• Holiday parties!
• Getting to volunteer with my co-workers at the Salvation Army’s Christmas Store.
• My sister finishing another semester of grad school. I’m so proud of her!
• The aforementioned low temperatures. Too cold, even for me.
• Being sick. My sinuses and throat are killing me!
• Bad Christmas music. If it’s not a member of the Rat Pack, Bing, or the Andrews Sisters, then I’m not interested. (*Editor’s note: Courtney pointed out I should have also included Elvis, and I forgot how much I love my parents’ “Motown Christmas” on vinyl, so I stand corrected!)